Sunday, December 7, 2008

November 25, 2008

Dear Family

Sorry my letters have been short. I would love to respond with a super, pages-long email with all the gory details of my awesomly incredibly life here in Brazil. However, today we had to go up to São Paulo (2 1/2 hour trip) to practice for the Christmas Program that I'm going to sing in (4 hour practice)... and then we came back down (2 1/2 hour trip). So my 8 hour P-Day went out the window... and then some. But you can write a lovely thank-you note to Sister Richardson (the wife of the mission president) who authorized me to be writing to you now.

The Christmas Program is going to be absolutely amazing. We have a choir of 12. 6 elders, 2 sisters, 1 mission president's wife, and 3 women-members which makes for a 12 voice choir with 3 on each part. We sound freaking awesome on For Unto Us a Child is Born. I'm also singing a solo: What Child is This. I will be accompanied by a flute and a recorder. All of the musical numbers are also accompanied by an visual power point presentation of all the most beautiful pictures of christ and clips from church movies that just make you want to weep. So that was my P-Day.

To answer your questions: Boa Esperança means Good Hope and is the name of the ward where I'm working. Snail Mail IN ADDITION to email would be good. I would spend more time writing y'all for sure. I could make a goal to write every other p-day a snail mail if you'd like that. I think I could do that.

Love you all!! Time's up!
Whitney

No comments: