Saturday, December 6, 2008

June 17, 2008

Dear Family:

So this week was also great. I may have cried once. I think it was a combination of stress and exhaustion. But it was the first time that I cried in the field. I like how I subconsciously deal with stress. I don't even feel stressed out until all of the sudden I hit crying stage. And I have nothing specific to cry about so I look for something to cry about. Then I cry. And then I'm all better.

If this only happens once every two transfers I think I'll be a happy camper. Transfers next week! We'll find out on Sunday if anything is changing. So if for some reason I don't get to a computer next week, no freaking out. But even if I do get transferred I should still have time to email. I kind of want to be transferred and I kind of don't. I guess I'll just wait for someone to tell me what's going to happen. No use fretting when you have nothing to say about it. Right? ... Right?? :)

We're getting a new Mission President next week, too. President Richardson. He's American. And Presidente and Sister Teixeira are off to Germany to arrange stuff at home (10 days), then Portugal to visit family (10 days) and within the month they'll be living in Sandy, Utah. They apparently have a house there. They don't know where... but they have one. They are a great example of people who truly dedicated everything to the Lord... they started out being called on a three-year mission. Without holidays. Living in a foreign country. You only get to go home in three years. And then in the middle of the 3-year mission they get called on a lifelong mission. With only a 3 week break between the two. (Whoops... I said three years away from home? I meant you can never go home!) And they are so excited to be serving. How can I even think about complaining about a year and a half? I think last week I used up all of my clever writing-ness... I'll work on being better next week. But time's about up. I am loving the mission. And I'm figuring out every day how much I need to improve... and I feel like I'm improving all the time. It's really rewarding. And I love the scriptures and the gospel and my companion and our investigators and Santos and the food and the adventures and the scary fruits and scary meats and wonderful families in the ward and my leaders and hymns... and I could go on and on. I love it all.

Beijos,
Whitney

No comments: