Sunday, December 7, 2008

July 15, 2008

Dear Family:

I noticed something really cool this week. Or maybe it was last week. But I am now SWAT. My initials, that is. Way cooler than WAT. SWAT to the rescue!! That might be the only update for the week. It was a good week. We had a fireside (serão) with one of the Presidents of the First Quorum of the 70. He's from our stake here. He and his wife gave really awesome talks and it was really great because I got to go and just sit there. I remember when it was a pain to go to firesides... now it's like the highlight of my week. That and church... you go and sit (for 3 entire hours!) and other people teach! It's way relaxing.

But back to the topic at hand... Elder Costa. He talked a lot about a lot of things... but the thing that really struck home to me was how much the gospel is a part of his life. Down to every little detail. And he talked about how our life's goal should be to know Christ. (and this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent) and we are commanded to be perfect and like Christ (sermon on the mount) and the lord doesn't give commandments save he shall prepare a way (1 néfi 3:7)... so this life is organized as the way to teach us how to be perfect and like Christ! (organization of life=organization of celestial kingdom D&C 132:?) and Elder Costa is really taking advantage of the day of this life (2 Néfi 9?).

And I leave this message/note in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

With love,
Whitney
a.k.a. SWAT

No comments: