Sunday, December 7, 2008

July 29, 2008

Dear Family,

It has come to my attention that I need not only a cool name (SWAT) but a tag-line--or motto, if you will. Sister Christensen has a motto and I want to be like her. Hers tagline goes as follows "I want to be a happy, humble servant of the Lord." I don't know if it's technically a tag-line, but you get the idea. So now I've been working on mine. Since hers had some h's going on, I wanted to have some alliteration... so I settled on the letter P. I'm trying to come up with words that start with P in both Portuguese and English. So far I've got POWERFUL--PODEROSA, PATIENT--PACIENTE, and PERSISTANT--PERSISTENTE. How does "I want to be a powerful, patient, persistent servant of the Lord" sound to you guys? Any other P words you can think of?

We had some more baptisms. First was Alex then Geraldo. We've been working really hard and seeing a lot of little miracles, it's pretty great. It's been such a long time I don't really know what to write... Sister Christensen is going home in one week. Her mom got my birthday package. I'm already hearing rumors that it's HUGE. I'm pretty dang excited. Hamilton is doing great. It's Érika that's having a hard time now... Alex and Geraldo are really strong, too.

Love,
Sister SWAT

No comments: