Sunday, August 2, 2009

March 24, 2009

March 24, 2009

Is everybody excited?? We're doing great in boa esperança. Is it weird that I feel like I'm learning so much about how to be a good missionary now that I've been a missionary for a whole entire year? I'm still learning so much. It seems like I should have already got it all figured out... but I haven't. I'm learning a ton! And it seems like the more I learn the more there is to learn and it's like the learning will never stop! Sister Candland said that her mom said that she felt like she finally figured out how to be a good missionary after about a year. Sister Candland thought that a year seems like a really long time to figure out how to be a good missionary... it really should be faster than that. But now I think that a year is a really short time and that I'll probably need another 50 or 100 or 1000 years to figure this out. But now that I'm thinking about it, isn't God just the best missionary in the universe? And he's probably only so good at it because he's been at it for... eternity. Maybe I'll only be a perfect missionary after an eternity, too. So I guess it's okay that I didn't learn everything in a year, right? I'll just have to keep progressing. I'm okay with that.

These couple of weeks I've made breakthroughs on baptismal invitations and working with the members. I already commented on the baptismal invitations, i think... last week, right? But this week was all about the members. We had a super awesome fireside about how the members need to be the main missionaries. And the bishop is super excited. And we started really training the members to share the gospel. And an ex-bishop returned from inactivity and started helping us with all the less-actives. We're finally working with the members! And this is a goal that my mission president gave to me back in... November. And in March I started to get it right. :) I might be a slow learner. But at least I'm learning. And it is so exciting to see the changes.

Still loving my mission!
Still loving all of you!
Miss you all!

Sister Todd

No comments: