Sunday, August 2, 2009

March 10, 2009

Dad and Family,

I'm sorry if I sounded mad about the trip details. I wasn't. : ) Love you!

And I wasn't transferred. I just had to go to São Paulo to pick up my new companion. Then we came back to my old area. You can't send a greeny by herself to her new area. So we had a meeting and lunch with President Richardson last P-day... and then we came back to Boa Esperança.

Sister Candland is wonderful. By the way the people respond to her, you'd think they'd never seen a red-headed, freckled, blue-eyed, beautiful giantess. We've never got so many stares and comments. And she is so brave. She teaches her half of everything and is super excited to talk to everyone in the streets. She hasn't even cried when some people said they didn't understand anything she said... : ) She's got a great handle on the language, but the accent is just a bit thick for now. In a couple weeks she'll be up and running. We've walked so much that she's got some great blisters, too. It's great to remember the first few weeks... the great and the not-so-great. The mission really is a physical challenge. But she's amazing and has a powerful testimony and awesome scripture knowledge and is so excited to preach the gospel. It was a great first week together.

I love the mission!

Sister Todd

No comments: