Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 3, 2009

Dear Family:

It was a Miracles Week! We had Zone Conference last week, and Presidente and Sister Richardson taught us about faith and miracles and told us to get to work proving our faith so that we deserve our miracles (or baptisms)... and they invited us to do a mission fast Saturday. Starting with a prayer at 2:00 pm and ending with a prayer at 12:30 pm on Sunday. The miracles started immediately. It was a blazing hot Saturday... and to walk in the sun all day without getting heat or dehydrated…. that was the first miracle of the fast. The second was the incredibly strong spirit that we felt as we prayed at 2:00 that afternoon--I had to fight the urge to cry. The third was that our splits fell through, but we managed to find another Irmã to take the place of the one who didn't show up. The fourth was that EVERYONE WAS AT HOME! We taught or talked to ALL of our investigators that Saturday afternoon. The fifth was that Kátia, the recent convert that went on splits with my companion, helped me and my companion realize some things that we can do even better. The sixth was that 10 investigators went to church on Sunday! Plus 2 more who weren't investigators at the time but are now showed up at Sacrament Meeting! That's 12 people. And many of them are now progressing for baptisms. The seventh was that Sthefany was baptized. And her family went. And everyone was happy and it was great. And there were probably a lot of other miracles that I didn't number here... like the fact that Relief Society was awesome. And that my companion managed to fast for the first time in ages without getting sick. Etcetera, etcetera, and so forth.

I love the Lord. I love to work with all my everything and witness the miracles.

I love you all.
Whitney
P.S. Journal is going better. I only missed one day this year!

No comments: