Friday, November 7, 2008

Excerpt from Whitney’s second letter Feb 20, 2008

But it's been another wonderful week. It went a million times faster than the first week that I was here. I'm still learning a ton about the language and getting a ton of time to study. And i haven't collapsed yet. So I might make it. :) I'm still having a great time.

About the Discussions: I can now give a street contact in portuguese... which is like a one-minute version of the first discussion. And I'm pretty darn good at it, too. We have to give it to five random brazilian missionaries a day in the mtc, so I get to practice attacking people when all they want to do is get on with their business.

About the food: The food here is abundant and sometimes strange. Today we had a casserole that had mashed potatoes, hot dogs, and cheese... and it was delicious. my new favorite meal. except for maybe the fried meat-balls and fried cheese on a stick. also delicious.

About my district: They continue to be quite entertaining. Especially one elder, Elder Hancock. He's pretty metro, and he will bust Brittany Spears songs and uses extravagent hand gestures and speaks french. I can always count on him to know the Broadway songs that I want to sing, like the one from guys and dolls that that one girl sings about how a girl can develop a cold... complete with voices and accents. It's great. And Kevin, you had better hope there are sisters in your district, because we're really cool. Like your second moms or something. Except we're always getting in trouble for giggling too much.... But we did write a letter for the elder in our district that hasn't got a letter from his family yet.

No comments: